Agent & Price
Selling a home is usually triggered by a major event in someone’s life; marriage, divorce, new baby, grown kids moving out, or a death in the family. Naturally, a lot of emotions are involved. At The Groesbeck Group, we understand selling a home can be stressful and it is our commitment to you to make the process as stress-free as possible. We will start by having a seller consultation with you and get to know you and your goals.
Getting ready to sell your home
Some sellers take months, even years, to get their homes ready to sell. This includes decluttering, making repairs, updating the interior, or installing upgrades that increase value.
If you’re not sure how to get your home ready for a sale, you can begin by:
- Hiring professional cleaning services
- Power washing the exterior walls
- Selling excess or unused furniture
- Placing valuable items, such as artwork and heirloom furniture, in storage
- Hiring professional landscaping services
- Updating the décor
- Depersonalizing your living space
- Staging your home
Preparing your home for the sale ensures that it will be in pristine condition. This will help you attract higher offers as well as uncover any major defects that need to be addressed prior to listing.
But most importantly, you must be emotionally prepared to sell your home. Unless you’re a seasoned property investor who flips homes for a living, you may feel all kinds of conflicting emotions about the sale, especially if you’ve lived in your home for many years.
Click here to download our FREE guide “Things To Consider When Selling Your Home”. This FREE eGuide will answer many of your questions and likely bring up a few things you haven’t even thought about yet.
Related Articles to Read:
- How to tell that now’s the right time to sell your homeIn order to sell your home successfully, one of the things you need to consider is timing – and this can be influenced by a number of factors. First, take a good look at your present needs. If they have changed from your needs at the time you bought the house, then it’s probably time to sell and move on to your next home. You must also check the real estate market conditions in your area and see if these are favorable to sellers. In addition, you must make sure you are ready to sell your home, both financially and emotionally. We discuss the things to watch out for to determine if it’s the right time to sell.
- Common Fees That Come with Selling a HomeSelling a house involves a lot more steps than you may be aware of. Aside from making your home sale-ready, you need to consider the fees and additional expenses you have to deal with when you put your house on the market. These costs range from real estate tax to marketing fees.
- Why Staging Is Important when Selling Your HomeIf you want to sell your home quickly and for the best price, staging your home is your best bet. Staging a home can be as simple as cleaning and decluttering the space.
READY TO SELL? LET’S START THE CONVERSATION, CONTACT US TODAY.