Agent & Price
So you have decided to sell your property. Before anything else, it is a good idea to sit down and clarify your motivations and draw up a basic time frame for the selling process.
Why do you want to sell your property? Do you intend to simply find a larger property, or do you plan on moving to another neighborhood, school district, city or state? You might think your reasons are obvious, but it would do well to consider the implications of each option for your lifestyle, opportunities, and finances. Being clear about your intentions for selling will make it easier for us to determine the most appropriate option for your specified financial, lifestyle, and real estate goals.
When Should I Sell?
You should immediately establish your time frame for selling. If you need to sell quickly, we can speed up the process by giving you a complete market analysis and action plan to obtain all of your goals. If there is no pressing need to sell immediately, you can sit down with one of our expert real estate agents to thoroughly review the current market conditions and find the most favorable time to sell.
What Is The Market Like?
When you work with us, you can be sure that you will have our knowledge, expertise and negotiating skills at work for you to arrive at the best market prices and terms. We will keep you up-to-date on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties. With us, you will know exactly how to price and when to sell your property.
How Do I Optimize My Finances?
Deciding to sell your property demands a serious consideration of your current financial situation and future possibilities. With the help of our qualified agents, you will be able to effectively assess the cumulative impact of these changes, estimate potential proceeds of selling your property, and plan effective tax savings and estate planning strategies. We will ensure that you not only take control of your finances, but use them to their fullest potential.
Selling a house in Washington State is no walk in the park but there are ways to make the selling process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Take advantage of rising Washington home prices with the quick sale of your property. Here are some tips for selling your home.
Getting ready for the sale
Some sellers take months, even years, to get their home ready to sell. This includes decluttering, making repairs, updating the interior, or installing upgrades that increase value.
If you’re not sure how to get your home ready for a sale, you can begin by:
- Hiring professional cleaning services
- Power washing the exterior walls
- Selling excess or unused furniture
- Placing valuable items, such as artwork and heirloom furniture, in storage
- Hiring professional landscaping services
- Updating the décor
- Depersonalizing your living space
- Staging your home
Preparing your home for the sale ensures that it will be in pristine condition. This will help you attract higher offers as well as uncover any major defects that need to be addressed prior to listing.
But most importantly, you must be emotionally prepared to sell your home. Unless you’re a seasoned property investor who flips homes for a living, you may feel all kinds of conflicting emotions about the sale, especially if you’ve lived in your home for many years.
Click here to download our FREE guide “Things To Consider When Selling Your Home”. This FREE eGuide will answer many of your questions and likely bring up a few things you haven’t even thought about yet.
Related Articles to Read:
- How to tell that now’s the right time to sell your homeIn order to sell your home successfully, one of the things you need to consider is timing – and this can be influenced by a number of factors. First, take a good look at your present needs. If they have changed from your needs at the time you bought the house, then it’s probably time to sell and move on to your next home. You must also check the real estate market conditions in your area and see if these are favorable to sellers. In addition, you must make sure you are ready to sell your home, both financially and emotionally. We discuss the things to watch out for to determine if it’s the right time to sell.
- Common Fees That Come with Selling a HomeSelling a house involves a lot more steps than you may be aware of. Aside from making your home sale-ready, you need to consider the fees and additional expenses you have to deal with when you put your house on the market. These costs range from real estate tax to marketing fees.
This article explains in detail how much these fees and costs are so that you can prepare accordingly. Being forewarned also enables you to make the most out of your selling experience. Read on to learn about the most common fees that come with selling a home:
- Real estate agent commission
- Home inspection and repairs
- Professional photography
- Staging costs
- Real Estate Excise Tax
- Title insurance
- Why Staging Is Important when Selling Your HomeIf you want to sell your home quickly and for the best price, staging your home is your best bet. Staging a home can be as simple as cleaning and decluttering the space. Or as elaborate as hiring a professional stager and renting out furniture.
Need help deciding on what to do? This article lists all the following benefits of staging a home before selling:
- Helps buyers visualize themselves in the space
- Appeals to a wide pool of buyers
- Stands out from the competition
- Makes the home seem more spacious
- Justifies the asking price
- Highlights the best features of the property
- Makes the property look well maintained
- Realizes the home’s full potential
- Top Tips for Selling a House OnlineUnless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re likely getting used to doing things in new ways to keep yourself and your loved ones safe from the threat of COVID-19. If you were caught right in the process of putting your home up for sale and feel that there are still compelling reasons to push through with your plans, you likely already know that you’ll need to bring the entire sale online. People simply can’t risk the conventional open houses and on-site tours that were staples of the home selling process in the very recent past. Read all about what you should do to help ensure that your home sells quickly and for a good price even given the current situation.
- Virtual Home Staging: The Next FrontierEverything’s changed, hasn’t it? In the blink of an eye, COVID-19 has upended even our most well-laid plans. Even as we Americans reel under the challenges we currently face, we’re proving to be as resilient as our forefathers once were and are adapting beautifully to the situation. Many who are setting up to sell their property are finding ways to get buyers to seriously consider buying their home. And because physically staging the home is a near impossibility these days, sellers are turning to virtual staging. Read on to find out the benefits of virtual staging and learn how it’s done.
- How to improve your virtual home tourThese days, anyone can quickly arrange and broadcast a live video tour around their home. Innovations like fast internet connections and handy camera-equipped smartphones are all home sellers need to create content that can promote their properties to potential buyers. But for sellers who want to attract top dollar offers for their home, a great deal of planning and preparation is needed to create a virtual home tour that stands out from the rest. Want to learn a few helpful ways to plan and create a virtual house tour that will leave lasting, positive impressions on your target buyers? Read this guide from The Groesbeck Group.
- Virtual real estate services you can expect from your agentThe real estate industry has seen a dramatic change in the way transactions are being created, facilitated, and completed since the unexpected spread of the coronavirus earlier this year. Because of restrictions on in-person meetings, home viewings and important document signings are increasingly being done over digital, virtual means. While this is unfamiliar territory for many, modern technology is enabling an easy transition with a manageable learning curve. If you have plans to buy or sell a home soon, you should know what type of assistance you can expect from your real estate agent. This article from The Groesbeck Group shines the light on basic services that realtors must offer amidst the real estate industry’s new normal.
- Home projects you can do while sheltering in placeHome improvement does not have to be costly, nor does it require you to go to the nearest furniture depot or hardware store to purchase new items and tools. Sometimes, the changes you need the most in your home are free and simple. And they can refresh your space and do wonders for your well-being, especially while sheltering in place. Here are five home projects you can tackle as you spend your time at home. These activities only require what you already have. Some of these can also boost your home’s value. For more information, connect with The Groesbeck Group today.
- Smart questions to ask a real estate consultantFinding the real estate agent who can give you the kind of services and information you need is crucial, whether you are buying or selling a home. In many ways, the success of your real estate transaction depends on hiring the right buyer’s or seller’s agent. As you interview potential agents, here are six questions that will give you a deeper understanding of their expertise and what they can do to help you achieve your real estate goals. Include these in your list of queries to find the perfect fit. For more information, get in touch with The Groesbeck Group today.