Some sellers take months, even years, to get their home ready to sell. This includes decluttering, making repairs, updating the interior, or installing upgrades that increase value.
If you’re not sure how to get your home ready for a sale, you can begin by:
- Hiring professional cleaning services
- Power washing the exterior walls
- Selling excess or unused furniture
- Placing valuable items, such as artwork and heirloom furniture, in storage
- Hiring professional landscaping services
- Updating the décor
- Depersonalizing your living space
- Staging your home
Preparing your home for the sale ensures that it will be in pristine condition. This will help you attract higher offers as well as uncover any major defects that need to be addressed prior to listing.
But most importantly, you must be emotionally prepared to sell your home. Unless you’re a seasoned property investor who flips homes for a living, you may feel all kinds of conflicting emotions about the sale, especially if you’ve lived in your home for many years.
Click here to download our FREE guide “Things To Consider When Selling Your Home”. This FREE eGuide will answer many of your questions and likely bring up a few things you haven’t even thought about yet.