Skagit Valley is one of the most beautiful places in the world. From the crystalline waters of the mighty Skagit River to the colorful tulip fields of Mount Vernon, the Valley is truly paradise on earth.
Find out what makes it such a wonderful place to live, from scenic Fidago Island camping sites to world-class restaurants in Mount Vernon, WA.
From rugged mountain trails to fantastic beaches, Skagit Valley has it all. The diverse landscape and natural scenery makes the Valley an outdoor enthusiast’s playground. Popular activities include:
- Hiking – Explore hundreds of miles of hiking trails and open spaces at North Cascades National Park Service, Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest, and Bay View State Park. Click here for a list of state and national parks in and around Skagit Valley.
- Wildlife watching – Reconnect with nature at Skagit Valley, where you can observe birds, elk, salmon, whales, and various other animals in their natural environment. Bring your binoculars and prepare to be amazed when you join any of these wildlife watching tours in the area.
- Geocaching and letterboxing – Hunt for hidden objects with the help of GPS. Geocaching is a great way to explore the unbridled beauty of Skagit Valley.The Skagit River is a particularly popular spot for this activity.
- Cycling and mountain biking – Picturesque Walker Valley Forest offers nearly 36 miles of biking trails for mountain bikes and off-road vehicles (ORVs). You can also join the Skagit Motorcycle Club for a series of runs. Meetings are typically held on the first Wednesday of the month.
- Skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling – The Valley turns into an entirely different landscape in the winter, with the North Cascades offering countless opportunities for winter sports.
- Camping – Get the full Anacortes experience when you go camping in Fidago Island. You’ll find campsites nestled among the pines and forested hills of Washington Park just off the western end of the island.You can also park your recreational vehicle (RV) at Swinomish Casino and Lodge, where you can lounge at RV sites with stunning views of Padilla Bay. Fidalgo Bay Resort is another option, with 141 hookups and five cabins that command views of Fidalgo Bay.
- Swimming, boating, and fishing – Skagit County, WA offers 229 scenic miles of marina shoreline, where you can launch your boat or cast your bait. Skagit River is teeming with Puget Sound salmon, making it a popular spot for anglers.The county is renowned for its fantastic beaches that range from rocky to sandy. These beaches are found in the state and national parks, which provide BBQ grills, picnic tables, restrooms, and campsites to make your trip more memorable.
Anacortes is a shopping destination like no other. Hunt for bargains at Alley Cat Antiques,Pacific Blanket Trading Post, Watermark Book Co., and Anacortes Farmers’ Market. The majority of shops and restaurants in the area are located along Commercial Avenue.
Mount Vernon has Skagit Valley Square while Bow-Edison is known for its art galleries, bakeries, and wine shops.
There’s no shortage of bakeries, pubs, cafés, and restaurants serving New American, Polish, Hungarian, Mexican, Thai, Japanese, and Italian fare in Skagit Valley.
The local dining scene is renowned for fresh seafood and organic, made-from-scratch meals that delight the senses. Popular dining spots include Anelia’s Kitchen & Stage, La Conner Pub & Eatery, Santo Coyote, Terramar Craft, Breadfarm, Secret Cove, and Asian 1.
The Skagit Casino & Resort is also known for The Market Buffet, which lets diners sample an assortment of local and international dishes.
The Valley brings you two Las Vegas-style casinos, namely Skagit Casino & Resort and Swinomish Casino & Lodge. Raise the stakes at any of the slot machines and popular table games like poker and roulette in these premier resort destinations.
These resorts are also known for their plush accommodations, on-site restaurants, and recreational facilities like RV parks, clubhouses, and golf courses.
Skagit Valley loves nothing more than a great celebration. These festivals and seasonal tours attract many visitors from out of town:
- La Conner Daffodil Festival
- Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
- Festival of Family Farms
- Savor the Skagit Valley
- Skagit Eagle Festival
- Skagit Birds of Winter
Related Articles to Read:
- Best coffee places in Anacortes, WA
- Tips on How to Create the Perfect Workspace at Home
Working from home can be a blessing and a curse. The good news is you don’t have to contend with the hassle of commuting to and from the office. The bad news, however, is that now you have to battle a host of distractions. Keep your focus by setting up the ideal workspace at home.
If you’re not sure how to do that, then you’re in luck. This article talks about everything you need to do to create a productive work environment in the comfort of your own home. Follow these tips so your work from home experience remains as productive as if you were actually working in the office.
- The Fundamentals of Homeschooling in Washington
School’s still out, but even now, parents are seriously thinking about what to do in September. For sure, we’re all going to have to find ways to ensure that our kids still manage to get the education they need. As early as now, homeschooling appears to be among the most viable options to keep not just our kids, but more so, many of our loved ones who they could come in contact with safe from contracting COVID-19. Figures show that over 1 million children are currently homeschooled in Washington State, and numbers are certain to rise with the coming school year. Read about all the considerations you need to look into and how to go about it if you’re to successfully homeschool your kids.
- How to keep both productivity and mental health up while working at home
Are you one of the thousands of people across the country that have embraced working from home as part of the new normal? While the transition might have been a bit jarring at first, the past few months have shown that working remotely can be done successfully and effectively. However, an important part of this change involves adapting to new ways of maintaining mental well-being and work-life balance in general. In this insightful piece from The Groesbeck Group, you’ll learn 10 simple yet effective strategies and habits that will enable you to maximize your productivity while protecting your long-term mental health.
- Your guide to parenting in the time of COVID-19
The COVID-19 is taking its toll on people, especially children. Some of them may be too young to understand what is going on and why they need to stay home. Such things can present additional challenges, whether you are a new or long-time parent. Click here for five tips on how you can change your parenting style and accommodate your children’s needs in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. These will not only help your kids, but help you manage your well-being as well. For more information about living in Skagit County and real estate in the area, contact The Groesbeck Group today.
If you’re looking for a caffeine fix, you’ll find plenty of options in Anacortes, WA. The city’s laidback and relaxing lifestyle is perfect for a mellow afternoon of hanging out with friends over cups of excellent coffee. Just over an hour’s drive from Seattle, the coffee culture has also invaded Anacortes. The city teems with coffee shops where you can enjoy signature beverages or a classic espresso, along with delicious freshly baked goodies. And if you’re on the go, there are quite a few coffee stands where you can drive through for a quick cup. We’ve listed our top picks for the perfect joe in this blog post.
Ready to explore Skagit Valley’s real estate market? You can message our team, Jean Groesbeck & Associates, here. You can also contact us at 360.941.3734 and Info(at)JeanGroesbeck(dotted)com. We can’t wait to hear from you.